Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: 604's ideal frequency using active crossover

  1. #1
    Inactive Member joe3rp's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 25th, 2005
    Posts
    34
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What is the ideal crossover frequency for a 604H? What crossover slope?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member dgwojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    172
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I cross mine over at 1600hz with an 18db high pass, 12db low pass, I use Solen Fast Caps, Bennic by-pass caps and a Zobel network on the woofer. I'm very happy with the sound, I use a 40 watt/channel MAC 1700 hybrid tube receiver. I found an SPL meter at a garage sale and discovered that they're belting out 124db with the volume control set at 9 o'clock, so yes, they're super efficient speakers!! Dave.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member joe3rp's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 25th, 2005
    Posts
    34
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Is this a DIY passive crossover? I am a low wattage SETriode (10 watts) user ...that is why I am considering using an ACTIVE crossover network instead of a passive which might **** out the power using low wattage/low current tube set's. What amp do you drive the 604h's. Can you share your crossover schematics?

  4. #4
    Inactive Member dgwojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    172
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi,
    After I posted I realized you wanted a bi-amp spec, as you mentioned, I'm using passive's, these are the crossovers I used and replaced the caps on, Dave.
    http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshow...=290-634&DID=7

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.